Sunday, March 30, 2008

Feeling the love for AZ!

If only it didn't get any hotter here! It would be a perfect state. I love Arizona and could stay forever- Chet on the other hand, doesn't always feel the love. This morning, we all enjoyed the beautiful weather (80 degrees) and rode our bikes to get Starbucks and donuts. Kind of defeats the fitness portion of our trip but it was still fun and yummy.



I love my bike trailer and know I won't be able to ride as much until the fall. Julia also loves to ride her bike and didn't complain once the entire ride. I thought I might have to transport her bike on the way home but she was a trooper. It was a good mile and a 1/2 ride. She still has the same bike that she has had for 2+ years. It is too small for her but we will buy her a new one when she learns to ride wo/ training wheels.

By the way, she picked out the outfit for the bike ride. Gotta love her- trying to sport a halter top while biking. I never cared about clothes at her age. Then I got to Junior High and it was a whole new story- sorry Mom!!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite family memories---riding our bikes to McDonalds for chocolate sundaes! Way to go super biker Julia!

Andie D. said...

DUDE! Your blog totally rocks!

I just taught Ben how to ride on two wheels about 2 wks ago. It was surprisingly easy: The first few attempts were in the GRASS. He had a little more control that way. I soon realized that I was barely holding on to his handle bars at all, and he was begging to try it on the side walk. The only thing that took some time was learning how to start on his own.

jenny said...

I am so glad you got a blog. Yay!! You look fabulous and so much the same. 80 degree weather is heavenly. Sounds like a perfect Sunday :)

Courtney said...

DANIELLA BANKER!!!! Holy cow! I was just musing through Jenny's blog and there was your name on her sidebar! I thought...that can't be Daniella Banker...Daniella that I know? UH, yeah!

Your family is gorgeous and so are you!!! I love the bike post and I agree that the weather through winter/spring is heavenly here in the Zona! You can't beat it...and then comes summer, but I'd take the heat here over the humid sweltering heat of Chicago where we lived for 4 years!

My blog is private...but I totally want you to check it out. Send me your email courtneymiliu@hotmail.com...I'll be waiting to hear from you for sure! Long lost friend, Courtney Woods! Crazy how the blogging world has brought me back to so many childhood friends...awesome!