Thursday, May 7, 2009

Never say never

Before having children of my own, I would hear about "hippie" parents making their own baby food or cloth diapering and I would think "Why on earth would you do that when technology has allowed us to have modern conveniences?"

Well, I have become one of those "hippie" parents that I used to secretly judge and some of my family and friends may think I have gone over the edge! We have officially started to cloth diaper Camille. It has taken a LOT of learning and preparation (honestly, more than I thought) but it's not so daunting anymore. It's kind of like having to learn how to pick out and wash clothes for the first time. Surprisingly enough, Chet is very supportive about cloth diapering. He isn't *excited* about it but knows how good it is for the environment and how much $$ it will save us.

Gone are the cloth diapers with pins and plastic covers. Cloth diapers now come in many types (I sound like a commercial!). We chose ones that are All In One and look like traditional diapers (meaning anyone can figure out how to put it on if they know how to put on a Pampers). I am a sucker for anything cute and am having so much fun with all the colors to choose from. I actually get excited to change her diaper and to pick out her next diaper!

*This is one of my favorites- the velcro makes it very easy to use.

*I deleted the pictures of Camille in her cloth diapers. My blog is public for now and I didn't want those photos out there.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Those really are cute and ever so stylish! Good for you for saving the Earth for our Great Grandchildren. Camille is a big ball of squishy love!