Monday, May 24, 2010

Dirty feet

My kids rarely have filthy feet which is not necessarily a good thing or something I brag about. It's not that they are super clean all the time- it's that I don't prompt them to play outside and just get dirty enough. They love being outside but not enough "hands and feet in the dirt" fun. Today, during Camille's nap, Bella and I sat in our driveway and made beautiful (Bella's description) chalk drawings. Yes, I know this doesn't really count as "hands in the dirt" fun but we have enough dust around here so I count is a dirty. :)


This summer, I will try to embrace more messy fun and let go a little. Pinky swear!

But I also acknowledged my type A self as I promptly threw Bella into the bath.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What fun! Bella looks darling and soooo tan! The kids keep talking about her. We all miss her (and all of you!)

Chandler Parents said...

Will loves the chalk too but it does get messy :)