Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy birthday to us!

8 years ago, I was bummed out that my first child didn't arrive on my birthday. Julia decided (well, no, she was yanked out!) to arrive 2 days after my birthday and I couldn't be happier. I love having a birthday so close to hers yet still allowing her to have her own special day. Julia LOVES birthdays and looks forward to hers for months.

Usually I am perfectly fine with my birthday taking a back seat to Julia's special day. But, I turned 35 this year and wanted to celebrate a little more than usual. So, tonight, Julia and I did get to share a small birthday celebration. I loved sharing the moment with her!

Chet bought a decadent cake for us. Julia and I both love chocolate and cherries but Chet couldn't find our favorite black forest cake so he bought a yummy chocolate cake and a can of cherry pie filling. :) It was so sweet of him and SO yummy!

2 comments:

eloiza said...

Happy birthday to the 2 princesses!
The cake looks so yummy. Did Camille like it also?
Now we are going to celebrate both birthdays again, at the Brazilian Restaurant when I see you next.

Suzanne said...

Happy Happy Birthday Daniella and Julia. Have a great time in KS. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.