Thursday, February 17, 2011

Life and love

Somehow I haven't blogged since December (!!) but life keeps happening. I think this happened last January/February- the holidays are over, nothing too fun to blog about. Hopefully we are back to fun, blogworthy times.

This past weekend I travelled to Boise, Idaho to cheer on my sister Suzanne in the Mrs. Idaho pageant! She is the kind of person who throws herself into whatever she tries and is always trying something new. She put her heart and soul into this pageant. No matter the outcome, I saw that she came away with life changing experiences and new friends.
Swimsuit competition!
Yes, she has 3 kids ages 6 and younger...
And yes, we have the same biological parents...
I just didn't inherit the same genes or self control. :)
The crown
Suzanne (in the middle) with the top 5 contestants. It was the year of the brunettes apparently!
She did AMAZING and was crowned 2nd runner up.
(Honestly, I was shocked that she didn't win.)
It was a fun weekend! I loved seeing my niece and nephews and Pat (brother in law) and the rest of Suzanne's family and friends. We also got to celebrate Will's 3rd birthday! I rarely get to go to my niece/nephew's birthdays in Idaho so that was a treat for me! I didn't have a camera so I had to borrow these few pictures.

As much as I enjoyed a quick weekend away (traveling by myself was quite a treat!), I was excited to come home to see my 4 Valentine's!
The girls and I LOVE celebrating holidays! I think I enjoy Valentine's Day even more with kids. The girls and I always get flowers from our favorite guy (Daddy). We had our Valentine's dinner at home on Sunday night and chocolate fondue for dessert on Valentine's night.
It was a big hit- can you tell??
Lots of LOVE from our girls
(The girls were still dressed in their leotards after ballet class.)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I want some of your yummy fondue!! So happy that you are at home with your babes, but am also so happy that you flew all the way to Boise to support me and to be wtih my family. Thank you so much!! Can't wait until your next blog post, but it won't probably happen until we are there for spring break! :)

eloiza said...

Very cute pictures. Didn't you save me any fondue? It looks so yummy! Miss the girls already!