Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Farm fresh

We recently got to tour Shamrock Farms dairy farm near our house. I mostly buy Shamrock organic milk since it's local (well, our only local choice) and seeing this farm's operations made me even more supportive of them. Chet is still on his "let's live on a farm and live off our own produce and livestock" kick but for now we'll have to resort to buying from the store. :-)

Okay, back to the fun excursion... It was so much fun and so eye opening to all that goes into getting milk! My mom was visiting for the week and was able to come with us.
It was so neat to see the milking operation as it was happening. The milk being pumped would be on the store shelf the next day!
Camille and my mom feeding the calf.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

So fun! I"ll support your little farm! :)