Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I did. A friend of mine said Mother's Day was a day for all the moms to act like dads. Not to bash men at all but that is kind of true- it's our nature to take care of everything and micromanage everything around us (so true for me). It is nice to sit back every once in a while, isn't it?

Yesterday (per my request), we went peach picking at Schnepf farms. Peaches have always been one of my favorite fruits. Growing up we had a big peach tree in our backyard- I loved eating as many peaches as I could after an afternoon of swimming.

We bought 6 lbs of organic peaches- my grand plan is to make lots of jam. We'll see.......
*Ignore the colored lips and teeth. The girls has just eaten Italian Ices.





5 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

YUM! Looks like you had a fun time. I need to go do that also. I love peaches too!!

Jen Shumway said...

Very cute. I love fresh peach jam Yummo

Courtney said...

UMMMMM peach jam...if you have a ton, you could always share by sending some my way :) Glad you had a great mom's day!

jenny said...

I LOVE peaches. Glad you had a wonderful day :)

5gnarlyNalls said...

Hey, I am glad you had a good Mothers Day! I still love peaches so much, and everytime I eat one or anything peach I think of you!!! Especially those little pies we used to buy at Fry's for our field trips, remember!!! Good Times!