Monday, February 9, 2009

Hearts, hearts and more hearts



We began the long task of making our Valentine Cards today. I decided to attempt homemade cards for the first time (2 hearts connected together to make a butterfly (a pencil in the middle with googly eyes makes the body). After realizing that we needed 2 hearts per child in BOTH Julia's and Bella's classes, those store bought cards looked SO tempting. BUT, the girls had a great time customizing their cards and it was all worth it! We are only 1/4 of the way done and the rest is mostly my job.

For those of you with 3+ children in Elementary School, I applaud you! That is a lot of homemade lunches, daily homework and Valentine's!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Amen to that! I will enjoy only have 2 kids in preschool for now and not 3 in full time school.

eloiza said...

It's lots of work, but the girls will love giving cards made by themselves. Besides, they look very pretty! Congratulations!

Nicole H. said...

You are so brave. Just getting my kids to write their name on each store bought one was a nightmare. I bet they are so cute though. What a cool mom!!!! How are you feeling? How far along are you?p

jenny said...

The key for me with those Valentines cards is I just have them sign their names and leave the "to" blank. I applaud you for making them original--that is ALOT of work!