Friday, January 30, 2009

Downtown adventure



I have lived in suburbia WAY too long and love going downtown. The downtown area has improved quite a bit and it offers some neat things to do. But, I hate driving there and parking, etc. Now with the new Light Rail, I look for things to do downtown since its easy and so fun to ride the Light Rail.

Today, Bella and I tried the new Phoenix Children's Museum and took the Light Rail to get there. It was SO much fun! Granted, it took over an hour just to get there and another 20 minutes to walk from the light rail to the museum but it was worth it. I did not bring a stroller for Bella so the walk to and from was exhausting for both. I carried her part of the way- I am sure that made for quite a sight!

For my AZ friends, the museum is awesome and much more fun than the Mesa museum/Artville. Can't wait to go back! (Suzanne- your kids will love this!). Everything in the museum is hands on and nothing has instructions or rules.



*Painting the house. There are layers and layers of paint- the kids get to just paint over it. This was fun even for me!




*At the play store. SO lifelike and fun!


*Playing customer and cashier.




*Making pizza in the wood burning stove.


*At the bike wash which was Bella's favorite room. Here she is with a passenger she picked up along the way.




Too pooped to stay awake on the ride home.

4 comments:

5gnarlyNalls said...

That looks like such a blast! We have an awesome childrens museum in Chicago too! I wish they would have had something like that when we lived there (in AZ). My kids love stuff like that! When did Bella get glasses? She looks adorable!

eloiza said...

It does sound like a great place for children. We have to go back with all the kids when Suzanne comes to town Arizona next.

Suzanne said...

We are SOO going there in a couple of months. I love the house that they get to paint. I'm sure we could spend the entire day there. And the light rail would be a cool adventure for the kids as well. Bella looks pretty sweet in her new specs.

Nichols Family said...

Oh yeah, we went there over our last school break! It's great! As for your former post...ha ha ha! I loved it! It was DEAD ON! I love AZ anyway! :)