Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas hits and misses

For our first Christmas together, Chet bought me an apron. Yes, an apron. I didn't cook much so it was an odd gift or a very tacky hint. When I opened the box, I even looked under the apron thinking there must be a surprise with it. Nope- just the apron. In his defense, he meant well (no hidden agenda) and he had no clue what to buy me. He even asked his fellow friends and dad of their opinion but no one was brave enough to pull him aside and warn him of the possible ramifications. There were no hurt feelings or tears, just a good laugh and 10 years of endless teasing.

Well, this year, for our 10th Christmas together he bought me........ a vacuum! And I LOVE it! He bought me (us) the Roomba- the robot vacuum cleaner. It was a complete suprise since we were supposed to stick to a $30 budget for each other. I always thought the Roombas were neat but thought they were too $ and probably too good to be true. I call it my new baby. Our downstairs is all wood flooring (light wood) so it shows every crumb and hair from 2 kids and 2 dogs. I couldn't stand seeing the dirt every day but also hated dragging the vacuum out every day (so I didn't). :) The Roomba is programmed to run every night, then it docks itself and charges for the next night. Perfect! I have not vaccumed downstairs once since the Roomba appeared and the floors are super clean every day.



I joke that the Roomba is lonely and needs a friend- the Scooba which mops the floors! Then life would be perfect for me since I hate mopping even more than daily vacumming.

Thanks honey! You are now even with this gift! :)

3 comments:

Angie Giannotti said...

I think that thing is sooo cool!!! Oh..and I promise...Chet never asked MY opinion about the apron...I would have set him straight!!!

Jen Shumway said...

I have a friend that has one and she loves it. I bet you will too.

Suzanne said...

I here by delcare the roomba the best gift ever. Well, perhaps the scoopa (is that what they call the mop thingy)???