Friday, January 16, 2009

Bella and her pink specs!

At Bella's last well visit, her pediatrician mentioned that she didn't do so well on her eye exam and to see an opthamologist. All throughout her appointment, the opthamologist said her vision was great and that maybe she was just tired during her well visit. BUT, things changed once her eyes were dialated. Apparently, she is far sighted but had alrady trained her eyes to strain to be able to see clearly. Once her eyes were dialted, she couldn't "cheat" and her condition was finally noticed. She now sports cute, little pink glasses. She is too young to feel self conscious of them which is great! She loves them and thinks they are the best. The Dr. said that she may grow out of this and that its best that we caught it early so she doesn't form a bad habit of straining.

My only concern is how my 4 yr old (whose head is usually in the clouds) is going to keep track of her glasses at all times and not lose them or sit on them. :)

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

OH,she looks so much older now! Those are really cute. Let me know how the first week goes. Really cute glasses---she looks adorable.

eloiza said...

Bella looks really cute. I like her glasses and can't wait to see her wearing them when I go to your house next time.
I am so glad she likes school. She is a big girl now!

Jen Shumway said...

She looks cute.

Me said...

Bella,
You look so pretty in your new glasses. I wish I could have some pink glasses too.
Love,
Ide

Angie Giannotti said...

Very cute miss Bella!!! I'm glad she is liking school!!!

Nicole H. said...

Wow, she looks so darn cute. We found out at Tegan's four year appt that she might need them too. Maybe I should call you.

jenny said...

Wow. She does look older now. My daughter keeps complaining about not being able to see well. I probably should take her in.