Friday, January 16, 2009

Bella's first day of preschool!

Bella started preschool this week! We weren't planning on starting until the fall (Julia only went to one year of prek before K and it worked out great). I like having more time to do the "kid" stuff before committing to weekly school. But, we are researching schools for next year and wanted to try this one out before signing up for next year. Its called "Apples to Zebras" and its through the Chandler Parks/Rec program. I have heard wonderful things about it (even from my teacher friends) and its much less expensive than most programs. Its only 2 days/week for 2 hrs but for her its everything!

She LOVES school so far and barely had the patience to sit still for my picture taking (obvious in the one decent picture I am posting). On the 2nd day of school, she said goodbye to me as we entered the building. I still had to walk her into the classroom but she was way ahead of me at that point!

She is the youngest in the class (its for 4-5 yr olds) but the teachers say she is doing well and seems to listen/behave accordingly. I miss her terribly during those few hours but am so happy for her.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow! Lots to post this morning! It's about time. Bella looks so happy in her new classroom. Most of her cousins go to school, so she was probably wondering when it was her turn. I'm sure the teacher loves her happy go lucky attitutude!