Friday, November 20, 2009

Home sweet home



Finally getting back to a normal life and not living out of boxes (most of the time). We moved to Maricopa 2 weeks ago and so far its great. I had never been to Maricopa despite living in AZ all my life- I didn't even know where it was. Boy, is it far and pretty removed! But, its a nice community with all the important ammenities and our neighborhood is beautiful!

Those that know me well know that I am picky with schools. I had some issues with Julia's school last year but really tried to be involved and worked with the principal on some of the issues. I am happy to report that I love our new school here- Pima Butte Elementary. I am amazed at how caring the teachers are and how involved the principal is. All of the staff have gone out of their way to make Julia feel welcome.

One of the hard things about moving was downsizing our house size- 2300 sq ft to 1400 sq ft. I write this as I sit in our "office"- otherwise known as the floor in the corner of our bedroom. :) We have accumulated so much stuff over 10 yrs- it's insane! I think we have pared down as much as we can and I have to say, I actually like living in a smaller home. I feel more connected with the kids and I LOVE having less stuff. The older girls share a room so that they could have a playroom and so far its working out really well. But, the biggest plus is that it only took me 30 minutes to vacuum and mop the entire house yesterday! Double yay!!!

3 comments:

eloiza said...

I have been waiting for a new blog for a while now. The house looks very good. Glad that you like Maricopa. The entrance to it is gorgeous! I am also very happy that you like Julia's new school. This is a big plus.

Suzanne said...

Your house is super cute! I can't wait to come over and visit and get to know Maricopa. Wherever that may be!!

Jen Shumway said...

What you moved. I had no idea. Hope all is well. I will keep checking in. I will miss seeing you guys around every once in awhile