Saturday, March 13, 2010

How time flies

Happy 1st birthday Camille!


I cannot believe that it has been a year! 366 days ago, Chet and I sat at the Outback Steakhouse still trying to come up with names for our little baby. The next morning, Camille was born and we were suddenly a family of 5! I loved holding her on my chest, watching her sleep. I remember not sleeping at all that night- I just wanted to hold her and look at her all night.

She has brought so much joy in our lives! We all adore her- I am still in awe over how much Julia and Bella love her. I love watching they way they look at her. It's nothing I can ever capture on film so I hope I remember the look.

I am not usually a sappy person about milestones but today has been bittersweet for me. I have dreaded this day for a few weeks now. I can honestly say that I have loved her baby stage and don't want her to grow up- probably because she is our last.

We spent today doing all the stuff she loves- riding her bike outside, playing in the grass, and dancing to daddy's crazy music. Her official birthday party isn't until next weekend so it was nice just to relax and truly enjoy her and this special day.

Happy birthday my forever baby!

3 comments:

eloiza said...

Happy birthday sweet girl. Can't wait to see you again this Saturday and play with you, kiss you and love you!

Jackie said...

Camille is such a sweetheart, & I can't believe she is one already either!

Jen Shumway said...

I love the baby stage to. She is adorable