Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Patiently waiting

Julia has always done things on her own schedule and it works for her. She started walking super late (15 1/2 months) but was practically running after that. She talked later than most but was an avid signer and now you can't get her to stop talking! :) She only got her first tooth after turning 1. Combine that with the fact that Chet didn't lose his first tooth until 3rd grade (crazy, right?), and we knew that Julia would have to patiently wait to lose her first as well. Last year, her 1st grade class had a "tooth" chart to celebrate each child's lost tooth. Needless to say, Julia never made the chart and was still waiting this year. She is the last in her grade! I love her smile full of straight, little baby teeth!

She finally lost her first tooth last night! It was a true family event- we were all egging her on to just pull it, it was barely hanging on anyway. The Tooth Fairy came by and left her $5- which I have heard is the going rate for "1st teeth". (I think I got a quarter!) She was super excited- she woke up at 3am, felt under the pillow and held up the bill by the nightlight to see how much it was! She woke us up at 6:30am to give us the news. SO cute!

3 comments:

eloiza said...

Julia, I love the picture showing the gap of your tooth missing. We are very excited for you!

Suzanne said...

So much fun! Yeah Julia!!!!

jenny said...

My Luke hasn't lost more than 2 teeth either. My other two lost most all of them by 4th grade. Crazy how different they all are. I say enjoy those cute baby teeth as long as possible :)