Thursday, June 16, 2011

The good old days...

Since it's way too hot to do anything outside and we live kind of far from the fun summer places. I have tried to be creative in filling our long summer days. Somehow, I think I resorted to reliving my own carefree days as a kid!

We have been reading the 'Mrs. Piggle Wiggle' book together- one of my all-time favorite books as a kid! I bought the collection was Julia was a baby (yes, I was an excited new mom!) and am happy that the girls are finally old enough to understand and enjoy it!
Julia recveived 'fashion plates' as a birthday gift from a friend. I had forgotten about this neat toy I had as a kid until I saw the box. I googled it so I could show Julia what mine looked like. Our house is now full of sketches made by all of us. Julia loves fashion and coloring so this gift was a hit!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh Fashion Plates! I loved those!!!! What a great idea for Elise. Thanks!!