Monday, February 20, 2012

Ode to summer

I LOVE summer! Yes, it's stinkin' hot (in the words of my girls) but I love not having school, staying in our pj's past 7am, and all the fun we have. The girls and I have been practicing for summer during our President's Day holiday today.

Julia and Bella spent hours on their scrapbooks (a Christmas gift) while Camille and I enjoyed the company of our borrowed pets.
*They don't normally live in a cardboard box but it's the only way to allow
them to be outside without slowly walking off.
The best part of my job is coordinating the indoor baby tortoise habitat. During the first few months of these cute little creature's lives, they lived at our house while their habitat was being completed. I brought them home again for this 3 day weekend so they could be well taken care of. The girls love taking care of them and so do I! I have always wanted a tortoise but given the fact that they live 80 yrs, I am no where near ready to commit to a pet for that long yet!

Hope you all enjoyed your holiday too!

1 comment:

cherryl said...

I woke up presidents day morning and for a minute stressed we slept in for church, then thought we did for school, then remembered it was a holiday, and it was wonderful!!! Hooray for lazy mornings. We posted about our presidents day as well. It was even better then summer, because the weather was BEAUTIFUL outside!! :) My kids are begging for a tortoise, they sure are cute.