Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally!!



Bella is almost completely potty trained! Yes, she is 3 yrs and 4 months old (the exact same age as Julia was when she potty trained) but I am SO happy! With both my kids, they never showed any interest and then one day it clicked with them. It is so frustrating to sit back and wait but so worth it. We are off to buy her new undies today. And she is having an underwear party next weekend (new undies, cake, etc). It probably seems way over the top to some of you but we were desperate and offered her anything! The first thing she said was "So, when's my party?" Heck, its cheaper than diapers every month so a party it is!

My big girl Bella.


Well, enough of my rambling about something so simple. But for us, this is HUGE!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

YAH!Thats great. Austyn was easy too they say boys take longet but he only took 2days and was potty trained a week after his 3rd birthday. Diapers are getting more and more expensive also. YAH BELLA!!

Angie Giannotti said...

HOORAY!!! That was quick :) We always new Bella did things HER way!!!! An underwear party sounds like fun!

Suzanne said...

Potty Training is so not simple! That is a huge deal (for the kids and the parents) and I think every kid deserves an undies party! Way to go Bella! We are so proud of her! Must be so nice to be completely diaper free in the Lamis Family. We still have a few more years until we are there!

5gnarlyNalls said...

Oh, I know the feeling! Way to go Bella!!! It's amazing how independant they become when they get into those undies! Connor still has to sleep in them at night, but has been potty trained since he was just over two. I feel like I will never be able to stop buying those darn diapers!

Courtney said...

WHOOHOO - who says potty training is simple?! I think that is just awesome. And a party sounds like a super idea to enforce the HUGE accomplishment Bella has been able to achieve!

My #3 is 3 years and 9 months old - it has just clicked for him also this past week. I am so thrilled that I seriously will give him ANYTHING for going on the potty! It is such a relief!

Jen Shumway said...

That is the best news to a Mom. Now it on to "help me wipe"

jenny said...

Congrats!! My #4 was seriously the hardest to potty train. It was a happy day for us as well! Hope the party was a hit :)