Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our newest addition!

Camille Kelly arrived on Friday morning, March 13th, at 9:27am! She is a big girl weighing a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz!! When I first saw her, I said "She is so little!". Maybe I am used to huge babies (Julia was 9 lbs 13 oz) or the c-section meds were kicking in. I was shocked to find out that she was so big!

Everything has been wonderful so far. The girls are in love with her. Bella keeps telling her "Its ok, your big sister is here." Julia is being very maternal with her and wants to hold her all the time. I can already tell that Julia will be an awesome big sister and is at a great age. Julia has also been concerned with me and the surgery- she has loved walking the halls with me (necessary for c-section healing) and being my companion.

Since she is so big, we have had some issues with her blood sugar levels and weight loss. It's all normal stuff for big babies but I have to work on nursing her more than usual to prevent being forced to supplement.

I feel like I am on a high. I have had very little sleep but feel so good. Right now, Chet is asleep with her and I should be too. She is a great sleeper at night- its a miracle what a nursing session and a good swaddle will do for this baby! I love just looking at her. I think its part of the reason that I enjoy the hospital stay so much- you have nothing else to do but focus on the baby. I find myself just staring at her in the middle of the night.

Until Friday, we had not chosen a name yet. We were planning on meeting her before deciding on which name- Olivia or Claire. I have ALWAYS loved the name Camille- even before Bella was born- but Chet never loved it. This time around, I constantly asked (ok, more like begged) to name her Camille with no luck. A while ago, I had given up hope of the name, moved on and was ok with the final choices. So, right after she was born, Chet took her to the nursery for her bath and brought her to the recovery room in the bassinet- on the side of the bassinet was the little card that said "Camille Kelly." It was a total surprise (bring on the tears!) and such a sweet gesture that I will always remember. Thank you Chet....

March 13th was also the birthday of Chet's late grandfather, Keith Kelly, who passed away before Chet was born so we honored him by Camille's middle name.









6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! What a cute, thoughtful and handsome Bozo! Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful!!! Cant' wait to meet her.
Love, Lu.

Nichols Family said...

YAY! Congratulations! She's adorable, and I love her name. :)

Suzanne said...

What a cutie pie! LOVE that picture of Camille and Julia. She looks like a proud big sister. Can't wait to hold Camille.

The Gerard Family said...

TEARS!!!! What a cute post and LOVE the name!! What an awesome hubby you have!! She is adorable and what a blessing to have such an awesome family and helpful daughters!! you have a precious gift from GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

jenny said...

Congratulations!! And way to score some major brownie points Chet :)

Glad you are doing well! She is so darling.

Jen Shumway said...

Now ay she does not look like a newborn. Look at all that hair. What a beautiful baby!