Thursday, March 21, 2013

For the love of books


 As a child, I LOVED books. As in couldn't eat, bathe or drive anywhere without a book in my hand. My choice of books were pretty basic and juvenile- I had every Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley Twin book available. There was a small, family owned bookstore within walking distance from our house. I would stalk them every few days waiting for the new Sweet Valley Twin book to come out (as if the previous 56 issues weren't enough). I can still picture every inch of that store, can still hear the door chime and can remember that distinct new book smell. 

My love for books has dwindled. I love book stores and have a pile of books calling my name every night but my comfy bed calls louder! :) Instead, I love encouraging my girls reading habits. A few years ago, Julia didn't enjoy reading as much as before and I was so sad (it has since returned)! Even though our budget is quite tight lately, and the library is still our friend, there is something so magical about getting to peruse a book store and walking out with a new book to call your own.

The school book fair is this week and each girl picked out a new book. We were the last ones to leave, otherwise I would have stayed all afternoon (like Bella!)

Bella scoping out all the books. It took her a while to pick hers out!
 Julia usually is happy to smile for pictures but she was irritated that Bella had a play date today and that she didn't. I think the picture is funny and will be something to laugh at someday!
Camille picked out this book about chickens in honor of our new flock!
HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

eloiza said...

You forgot to say that you even read a book while you were "practicing" your piano...
I am glad that all the grandchildren like to read.