Monday, July 28, 2008

Rained out camping trip

Chet and the girls (and his family) were supposed to go camping this last weekend. I was excited for them since they needed to get out of the house and have fun- they love camping! It was also going to give me a weekend alone! I didn't have anything planned but sit on the couch and sleep.

But, Mother Nature had other plans and it rained at Mogollon Rim. So, the trip was postponed. Since we all had our camping food and the kids were so excited to roast marshmellows and make smores, we headed over the the Lamis' (Chet's parents) for our own dinner and fire. I bet we were the only ones sitting by the fire in 100 degree weather! We only lasted 1/2 hr or so but the kids loved it!





6 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so behind in my blogging so I was so excited to read about your NEWS! Congratulations...what fun! I am with you on the twin thing...only because I hate to be prego that getting a twofer wouldn't have been so bad. Hang in there with the morning sickness...yucko!

Cute "camping" pics...go with the flow!

The Gerard Family said...

Haydyn has that same dress that Julia had on. Kids don't care if its 130 degrees, as long as they can have fun! CUTE! Maybe you will get a break here soon before your baby comes!

Denise said...

Hey there! Remember me, Denise Esperson? It is a small world in blogville isn't it? Congratulations on your party of five! Your family is darling!

Jen Shumway said...

twins would be fun but challaging at times. I am thankful I got one at a time.

Nichols Family said...

Daniella! I stumbled across your blog from The Richie's. Your kids are soooo cute, and congrats on your next one! My younger sister is pregnant with twins right now...she changed her mind this week but too late :).
-Jennie (Player)

jenny said...

That is a bummer about the rain, but it looks like the girls still had fun. You would never know it is that hot from the photos. I am surprised you lasted that long out there!