Monday, August 4, 2008

1st day of school

It was a great day for Julia and a sad day for me! :(

Julia started 1st grade today and it was her first time with all day school. She was so excited even though none of her friends were in her class. She was ready to embrace all that 1st grade had to offer- lunch, 2 recesses, new friends, new first day of school outfit. I, on the other hand, started crying the minute we left her and were out of view. She is so little to be gone 35 hrs a week! I will miss her so much and feel like this was the end of an era for me (not to sound sappy). I have had her home for 6 yrs and now I will be missing most of her day and she will miss out on the fun stuff we (Bella and I) get to do. Somehow, I feel like the last 6 yrs have not been enough and that she really is too little.

Ok, enough sniveling. She had a great day and can't wait for tomorrow. She is the type who LOVES school and thrives in that environment. So, I know she will do well and it will be great for her. Its also probably 1000 times better than staying home with pukey mom!



*Practicing their "Dancing with the Stars" move


*She wanted a picture with lazy Lucy- our English Bulldog- who barely opened her eyes for the picture.





3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Haappy 1st day of school Julia! She outfit is super cute! I'm glad that she had fun , she is such a good little student. How was today? What was her favorite part of school? Kiss a give to her first grader!

The Gerard Family said...

CUTe she looked adorable!I am praying for you today, that has to be hard. I cried when I dropped Austyn off at preschool!! Can't imagine dropping them off for ALL day school!!

jenny said...

I am glad it went well. I think I will have a really hard time when my baby finally goes to school. All of my kids seemed to love school more than me. She looks so cute! I hope your morning illness ends soon.