Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy Arizona summer day!

All day today is was in the 100's. I left the house at 3pm to pick Julia up from school and it was lightly raining. By the time I made it to school (2 minute drive), it was POURING. Of course, we Arizonans don't know what to do with ourselves when it rains. The pickup line was 20-30 minutes long. While waiting, I watched 2 large trees get ripped out of the ground and blow across the street! Instead of continuing to wait in the line, I found a place to park and ran to the school building. By the time I made it, I was drenched. It was also windy which made my skirt blow straight up. Everyone got a free show this afternoon! :) Too bad for them that it was a wet, pregnant lady!

As soon as we got home, Julia changed into her comfy winter pjs (she was also drenched). She couldn't wait to curl up and read her new book. She is into Junie B books and I bought her first copy today. It was a surprise for her- she was so happy! She threw her arms around me like I had just given her a puppy. She loves to read. I love this because I was a HUGE reader as a child. I read books while eating, taking a bath, anywhere I could. I read every single Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley Twins. I found the first Sweet Valley Twin book at a library sale a while back and bought if for Julia in hopes that she would love them as much as I did.



5 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

Crazy weather!! Cute picture, and thats great that she loves to read. Don't ever stop that hobby!

Suzanne said...

oh the seet valley twins and the babysitters club. I think we had every single book, whatever happened to all of them?

Courtney said...

Oh I LOVE the Babysitter's Club...crazy! That was one killer storm...we got nothin like what you got and that is a bummer for us. The pics of your girls...SOOOO cute!

jenny said...

There is nothing better than coming home from a storm to get your pjs on. We have definitely had some pretty crazy weather lately!

5gnarlyNalls said...

Isn't it crazy how fast the weather changes? You're right, us Arizonians don't know what to do! I literally had to remember to watch the weather everyday when we first moved here, I was only used to Hot and Sunny!