Friday, September 5, 2008

No beating around the bush here

Julia was very busy the other night writing letters to everyone in our family. I laughed so hard when I read the ones for Chet and me. Gee- wonder what she really wanted to say?



In case you can't decipher a 1st graders writing, it says:
"Dear Mom, I love when you bake us cookies. They're delicious- my favorite cookies is chocolate chip cookies. I love you."
The picture on the left is Julia standing in front of the oven saying "yum". Hmm? Is she trying to tell me something? Or trying to remind me how to make cookies?



Chet's note says:
"Dear Dad, I love when you wrestle with us, its fun but when you bite us I don't want you to do that. Love Julia"
To explain- Chet loves to play rough with the girls and they love it. But, sometimes he is too rough (according to them) and it causes some tears. And to clarify, he doesn't really bite hard, just play bites.
The photo on the left is of them wrestling.


4 comments:

Jen Shumway said...

Those are keepers.

The Gerard Family said...

Those are too cute!! Gotta love kids....so honest and innocent

Suzanne said...

I'm still laughing about the letter to Chet! Those are precious! I wonder what letters my kids would write to us. What a great idea! Now, get going on those cookies...

5gnarlyNalls said...

I love the notes, how creative of her! Did she enjoy her cookies?