Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas joy!

Christmas was such a magical time this year! So full of love, excitement and time with family. The girls are at a good age where both understand the magic of Christmas and get excited for every little part. We spent Christmas Eve day/night with the Lamis family. We opened gifts (an insane amount), ate traditional Christmas Eve lasagna (yummy!), and went to Mass. It was a great day! Christmas day was spent mostly with just our family so it was very laid back and relaxing. Santa gave some fun gifts that are great for the entire family- the best was the karaoke machine! Julia took a while to warm up to singing into a microphone while Bella jumped at the chance even though she spent most of the time dancing freestyle.

Julia is such a different girl. I feel like she is still a little girl and acts her actual age when I see so many 6 yr old girls that act so much older. I like that she still likes dolls, princesses, etc. She received some neat gifts this year- like her Easy Bake Oven and Leapster, both of which she loved. But when I asked her what her favorite gift was this year (from anyone), she said without hesitating "the Hopscotch Hill books". She has only read one Hopscotch Hill book and loved it SO much that we (along with her Grandma and Grandpa Lamis) bought her the rest of the series. They are sweet, simple books by American Girl. I was so shocked by her answer but so glad at the same time. Last night, she asked to stay up reading and gave me the biggest hug when I agreed. On school nights, I am pretty strict about bedtimes. She stayed up for 1 1/2 hrs reading and I finally had to ask her to turn off the light. Chet and I later talked about how we really hope that she stays such a good girl.

My family arrives on Sunday and staying for 5 days! Suzanne and her family are driving in from Idaho and escaping the COLD weather. I only get to see Suzanne, Pat and my nephews and niece a few times/year so I am SO excited for them to be here. My parents are coming from Prescott as well so it will be a full but happy house!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying the Christmas break!







3 comments:

eloiza said...

I loved your story and the pictures. Julia is just like you, who used to read all the time, even taking a bath!
Beautiful family Christmas picture.
Can't wait to celebrate with the whole family!
Mom

jenny said...

Fun to have the family come in town. Your photo of the 4 of you by the tree is so cute. Have a great week!!

Nichols Family said...

You have the CUTEST girls! It's so weird to see Chet with long hair and a beard. Looks really good on him though!