Monday, December 1, 2008

One step away from a CPS visit

I finally went through Julia's backpack from last week with all her Thanksgiving stuff. I was excited to read her list of things she was grateful for.
Well, apparently Miss Julia is grateful for "my little sister Bella becaus my mom works intil midnight and my dad also works realy late." Just to clarify, I work until 8pm THREE nights a week and Chet gets home by 5:15 every night. We make sure that one of us is almost always home with them. Not sure if she misses me that much or is being a tad dramatic! :)

Can't you just see Julia and Bella eating a dinner of cold pop tarts huddled around a TV waiting for her workaholic parents to get home??

3 comments:

Nicole H. said...

This post made me smile. Don't you just wonder what they say to teachers? Love how little minds work.

Angie Giannotti said...

Julia, dramatic???? Never!!!! I love her perspective...nothing like a little parental guilt :)

Suzanne said...

That is a classic! Your poor girls. Maybe I should come rescue them!!!