Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ready for Christmas!

We spent the day after Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas. Julia and Bella were so excited and would not let us forget. Everything inside is decorated and there are some decorations outside (see below). I already have a few presents and may start wrapping tonight- that will just drive the girls crazy for the next 25 days! :)



We ended the day of decorating with one of our favorite Christmas movies- "Christmas Vacation"! Besides the few choice words here and there, its a cute movie and the girls (and Chet) think it's hilarious. We watch it every year and Chet still ends up cracking up in the same parts.

Chet and the girls LOVE the tacky blowup decorations- especially our Santa Homer. Doh! I, for one, cannot stand these decorations so I bought the white, moving reindeer last year and we had a "classy" lawn for once. Its sort of a joke in our family that I dislike Homer and the gang and that I insist that we have the "classy" Christmas every other year. This year, Chet and the girls thought it would be funny to mix the "trashy" and "classy" together- despite my protests. Oh well, its all for the kids anyway. I can have my own Christmas when we're old. I apologize if I offended anyone who may like the blowup decorations! To each his own.... :)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yeah, it's almost Christmas!!! Whenever I see one of those blow-up Christmas decorations, I always think of Chet. I will soon be blogging about Pat's latest Christmas decoration addition. big sigh!

Nicole H. said...

I for one am totally offended! NOT. I love the trashy...classy mix. I agree it is all about the kids.

jenny said...

Is that why you make them put it in the back yard? Just kidding. I am not a blow up fan either, but my kids LOVE them. That just makes you much more fun parents than us!