Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Family getaway

THE GANG
(minus Nanny and Papa)

To escape this extreme heat (115!) and to spend some quality family time, we headed up to Flagstaff last week. Chet's parents rented a cabin for all of us and it was a great time! I love seeing all the cousins run around together and actually play outside without limitations. They played outside from the moment they got up until it was so dark outside that you couldn't see a thing. I worry that my kids spend too much time playing inside- it's either too hot or I get caught up in cleanliness, a semi-scheduled day, or concerns about playing in the street, etc. Watching the girls play to the heart's content reminded me of what childhood should be and what real playing should look like.

It was a nice break for the adults too and we spent a lot of time "playing" too! It's no secret that I love playing games and we always ended the night playing Wii or Scene It (my all time favorite game!).

Julia, Taylor and Madison spent a lot of time playing and just talking. They would sit in their rooms talking about what only 5-7 yrs olds can (I really don't have a clue). Anytime I would pop my head in just to check on them, I would get a look from all them as if saying "Yes?".

Bella and Brennan (aka The Wonder Twins) would spend ALL day collecting bugs. Brennan was the mastermind and the owner of the bug collector conatiner. Bella was the bug catcher and would catch anything that caught Brennan's eye. :) It was so funny to watch.

Jackie and Steve- thanks for a fun week!



Bella, Brennan and Madison

*Camille and Papa


*Hiking 1.5 miles down to see the ruins. The adults had a hard time on the way back up while the kids zoomed past!




Taylor and Julia (they are a few months apart)

*More bug collecting. Notice that Bella isn't even out of her pajamas!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am glad we could all take a break from the heat & enjoy ourselves. It was a fun time. Now if I could only absorb some of the kids energy!