Friday, July 10, 2009

The Power of One


I am so proud of this girl. Julia decided (on her own) to give half of her allowance to charity. Over the last few months, I have suggested a few organizations to be recipients of her money but nothing stood out to her. I recently heard about a water bottle drive through the City of Chandler- trying to get bottles of water for our homeless population during this extreme heat. She chose to use all of her money to buy 150 bottles! I overheard her telling her grandma over the phone that "now 150 people won't be thirsty."

I couldn't be prouder.....

5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a sweet, thouhtful girl you are Julia!
You helped many people.
This just shows everyone else how special You are. The rest of the family already knew it.

Love you,
Nanny

Jen Shumway said...

how sweet. She has learned from her Mom.

eloiza said...

I am so proud of you Julia. You are going to make many people happy with your water bottles! And yes, I am going to help you purchase more bottles next time.

Suzanne said...

Julia--we are soooo very proud of you. Way to be a tremendous example to others. With a heart and will like yours, you are going to go FAR in life. I can't wait to watch you grow up even older! There are lots of happy people in AZ because of you.

Nicole H. said...

Oh my goodness. What a great job mom and dad must be doing with this little girl. SHE ROCKS!