Monday, September 7, 2009

Plan B

I have been running on empty lately! We have been dealing with lots of little things that quickly add up. Plus, Camille has been a poor sleeper lately- something is bothering her, not sure yet. I just know that Mr. Sun arrives way too early!

Yesterday, the girls and I wanted to go to the movies. Honestly, for me, sitting in the dark for 2 hrs sounded nice! However, Chet convinced us to go on a short road trip to Payson. I balked a little- wasn't sure about the kids on an impromptu road trip and we really didn't know what to do once we got there. But, I am SO glad we did. Chet's spontaneous plans somehow always turn out better than my well thought out ones! I guess I need to let go a little. :)

We stopped at Christopher Creek and went exploring. The girls were so happy to hike around in the cool weather. At the creek, they spent the entire time wading in the creek catching bugs in their nets. Bella even caught a baby crawdad within the first few minutes- not sure how!

On the way home, Julia said "I am so happy that we did this instead of the movies." They both fell asleep with smiles on their faces and fun memories !




No comments: