Friday, April 29, 2011

Free spirit

Bella really is a free spirit- she doesn't let things bug her too much and she lives in a world of her own (in a good way, most of the time). She is always singing or dancing- you can't get her to stay still.

She joined (or I signed her up for) her dance studio's performing team this year. I think I became a stage mom in training and might enjoy it more than she does- lesson learned. As much as she loves performing, she wasn't always committed to the "team aspect"- rehearsals, etc. What I learned from this is that Bella loves to dance and that's it. She doesn't want to dance as a sport or on a team or for training, she just wants to dance. A few days ago she was playing with a broom in Nanny and Papa's backyard. Her free play quickly turned into a full on jazz number- broom, jazz hands and all. She had no idea that anyone was watching and it was hilarious to watch!

After her performing team class this last week, she came straight home, put on her Ipod, took the "stage" to perform for her favorite audience...herself.

2 comments:

eloiza said...

Great story! I do agree that Bella enjoys creating her own dancing. Maybe later on she will decide to join a dance team, but for now this is the way she enjoys it!

cherryl said...

I finally added you guys to my blog sidebar!! Your new family picture is beautiful! My son would have loved to have those birds in our yard, he found an egg so excited, but it never hatched.
And what fun it must be to have Chets family, with all those grandkids close in age.
You guys are darling! You look SO great Daniella, seriously, you were always beautiful and you look the same. And I am even more jealous of your garden then before, looks so beautiful!