Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dance recital

Julia and Bella had their first dance recital last night. Both of them love to perform and did such a great job! I was a little hesitant to have them join a real studio since it can be slightly overwhelming. Maybe I am overthinking it, but I have an issue with some of the dance moves looking so grownup and having to look so made up for the recital. I know this is all part of what you sign up for but am also secretly glad that Julia already shows a preference for soccer and gymnastics.

Either way, they loved it last night and I am so happy that they are confident enough to perform in front of such a big crowd.

Julia is in a jazz class and Bella is in the ballet & tap class. They performed at Higley Performing Arts Center in front of over 400 people! It was a huge show and so fun to watch!

*Before the show. All dolled up!


This picture of Julia makes me laugh (she is on the far right). I have no idea where she gets her confidence from. I was totally the opposite as a child!






*Bella is blowing kisses to "her" audience! She is the one right in the middle on the floor. She couldn't see us since the stage lights were so bright.


*My parents came from Prescott just to see the show. Thanks guys! I was very impressed that my dad happily sat through a 2 1/2 hr recital- especially since all the dances were to Disney songs.


* The girls with their trophies. Bella loves her trophy- its her first one.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Julia is like a mini-me to you!! Crazy! Just loved her little dance moves. Maybe since I will never make it on Dancing with the Stars, Julia will! Don't ever forget your Aunt Suzanne!! As for little Bella, of course she would be the one blowing kisses to her audience. I think Braden would have died from fear at that show if he were in it. Can't wait to see them in less than 40 days----mom already started the countdown.

jenny said...

That pose is cracking me up. For sure NOT like you were at least when I knew you. That is seriously funny. Where do your girls take dance?

The Gerard Family said...

Too cute! I can't wait to put Haydyn in all that, but Cory is saying NO. I grew up dancing and its EXPENSIVE!! YOu little Julia can bust some moves and has a cute litle pose at the end. Bella is so cute also, can't wait!! Where do they dance at???

Courtney said...

Julia is a crack up with her cute little pose! Too funny! What a blast being able to watch your girls perform! I love that Bella was blowing kisses. I hear you on the dance thing, it was never my cup of tea...but I will be signing up my Bella for dance as soon as I can and then I'll let her choose her way.

Jen Shumway said...

They look really cute. I never took dance I bet it is fun.

5gnarlyNalls said...

The girls look adorable!! I love the confidence too! Payton is the same way, but Mattie sure takes after me in that department.