Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My kind of camping

It's no secret that I really don't like camping. It's not the outdoor element or lack of amenities- that is all fine with me. The parts I don't enjoy are camping with 2 little ones and trying to keep them from running off or falling into the campfire AND the all the dirt in the tent. I don't really like dirt all over the tent and its tough keeping the kids clean. Boy, I really sound uptight now! :)
My idea of camping would be in a trailer or cabin!
BUT, Chet and the girls love camping as do Chet's family. Chet just bought this huge tent that he has been eyeing and it was finally on sale. We were supposed to go camping over Memorial Day but didn't so Chet set up the tent in the backyard and we slept there overnight. It was great! The kids loved it and I still had my Sunday morning Starbucks in the comfort of our home. Perfect!

*The tent is HUGE. I think it is 20x20.


This is Bella and her cousin Brennan. They are affectionately known as the "Wonder Twins" in our family. They are only 3 months apart. Here they are playing pirates. Brennan has the true pirate look down!


2 comments:

The Gerard Family said...

Cute. That is a big tent and I am like you when it comes to camping!! YOu do what your kids love to do and just suffer I have learned!! Cute picture of Brennan with Bella

Courtney said...

Wow that is a giant tent! And - that is MY kind of camping too! Backyard overnight with no dirt and the house just yonder.

I love the cute pic of Bella with her cuz...so fun!