Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy birthday to my sweet girl!

Julia turned 6 today. I can't believe it! I swear the last 6 years have flown by. She and I love looking at old pictures and videos and I miss her baby days. I also love watching her grow into such a big girl with her own personality. She will always be my baby.





A few of the many reasons we love you, Julia:
~You are such a kind big sister.
~ You are a very kind friend. You always think of other's feelings.
~You care a lot about others and are always the first to tell us Happy Birthday, or Happy Mother's/Father's Day on our special days.
~You are turning into a little tree hugger (just like mom).
~You love our new family customs like Friday Movie Nights and Sunday morning donuts.
We LOVE you!!

Julia has been counting down the days and enjoyed every minute of her special day.
She chose what she wanted for breakfast (blueberry waffles), and then we went to the Harkins Summer Movie and saw "Surf's Up". She sat in the row in front of me, with her 2 friends- Victoria and Elizabeth.



After the movies, we ran a bunch of errands for her party and made one fun stop. I took her to the nail salon where I usually get my nails done. I thought it would be a treat for her to get her nails painted and a small design. (A step up from the nail decals I buy from Walgreen's!). The ladies at the salon are SO nice and did both her toes and fingers with elaborate designs and only charged us $7 as a birthday treat. They also treated both girls to pizza and drinks. For anyone here in the East Valley, Mist Nails in Gilbert (Lindsay and Pecos) is awesome and the owners, Ann and Keira, are wonderful.

*How cute is this? Her party theme is butterflies.


As soon as we got home, we had 9 of our playgroup friends over for a playgroup bday party! Yikes!
As soon as they all left, Chet and I and the girls went out to eat for a birthday dinner.
Her birthday celebration continues tomorrow with her real birthday party.
Off to sleep......

5 comments:

jenny said...

Happy birthday Julia! Sounds like a fun week of partying.

I will have to check out that nail salon when I move!

Jen Shumway said...

Wow, busy day. I am sure she will remember how fun it was. Cute toe nails.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Julia! I can't wait to hear all about your party. Hope it was the best day ever! Ps, your toes are so beautiful, we will have to paint our toenails in CA!

5gnarlyNalls said...

Happy Birthday Julia! And Happy Birthday Mama! Sorry I am such a crappy friend and didn't tell you on the 11th! Hope your day was great too!

Courtney said...

She is such a cutie...Happy Birthday Julia! What a fun treat to get a mani/pedi for your birthday and those toes are so cute!