Saturday, April 4, 2009

How time flies!


Camille is now 3 weeks old! It has all gone by in a blur though- I have been trying to keep up with her journal and baby book so I don't miss anything. It is much harder this time around- most of it due to being 4 years older than I was with my last baby. But, it's finally getting easier and I am figuring out methods for everything. Basically, I get everything done while Camille is fast asleep in her sling (Mei Tai carrier) which I could not live without.

She has started to smile at us already- not just the gassy ones or one while she is sleeping but full smiles of recognition for Chet and me. I have not yet been able to capture it on film though. It's cute- she smiles so big that it takes over her face.

She is a wonderful baby! Aren't they all?? (By the way, that is a pet peeve of mine- when people ask me if she is a good baby. ALL babies are good- some are just easy, some aren't.) So, she is a great baby- not as easy as the other 2, but getting there. She has her fussy times during the day which I am trying to figure out the cause of but she is a champ at night! This is my saving grace right now- I don't know how I could do it without a good night's rest.

Julia and Bella continue to be wonderful sisters- not a hint of jealousy. I think it's because they have each other to play with and don't notice my absence as much. I am surprised at how helpful Julia is at her age- she can actually hold her if I need to get something done. Bella does try to be helpful as well. One night, we heard Camille through the baby monitor crying in her crib. Seconds later, we also heard Bella's voice trying to console Camille. I went into the room to find all the lights turned on and Bella IN Camille's crib with her! So cute- but slightly dangerous. :)

My sister has been waiting for recent pictures so I took these today. Not the greatest ones of her but they will do for now. We had a wonderful photographer take some last week and I am just waiting for those to be ready.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Holy smokes! I didn't even recognize her. She really has changed a bunch. I love her little lips and her spikey hair! She looks way too sweet.