Wednesday, June 13, 2012

10 years

Our baby, Julia, is 10 today! 

I can remember every detail of the last 10 years and it is so hard to believe that she has been in our lives for 10 years already! I have loved and adored every minute (even the challenging times). Amidst the planning for her new room and upcoming slumber party, it was easy to lose focus about the real meaning of this milestone. I get so caught up in the details, I forget to step back and be amazed and humbled by her. Julia is so thoughtful, responsible and compassionate. I am always proud to say that I am her mom!

One of my favorite songs is Natalie Merchant's "Wonder". I listed to it a lot when Julia was little and it reminded me of her (or what I wanted for her). 

O, I believe
Fate smiled and destiny
Laughed as she came to my cradle
Know this child will be able
Laughed as my body she lifted
Know this child will be gifted
With love, with patience and with faith
She'll make her way 

Happy birthday sweet Julia- we love you so! 
We cannot wait to watch you continue to 
"make your way."











No comments: