Friday, June 22, 2012

Don't judge my homemade cake! It tasted great but didn't look great. I love Hobby Lobby and every time I shop there, I think "I can make that!" and obviously, I cannot decorate a cake that matches the example on the box. :)

Julia had her first slumber party birthday party last weekend. She was SO excited for her friends to come over and sleep in her new room. They made their own pizzas, decorated pillow cases and had a dance party- even included some Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper (wait, is this 1985??). After watching a movie and settling into the room, these crazy girls stayed up talking until 2AM!! For the sake of all family members the next morning, I finally had to go in and settle them down.

 
Dancing to the "Thriller" video!


10 year old girls crack me up- I listened to their conversation (yes, I spied for a little!) for a few minutes and they try to be grown up with their conversations (boys, body changes, etc) but the conversation doesn't really go anywhere since they are just 10 after all. I had a slumber party every single year for my summer birthday so watching Julia enjoy her first one brought back fond memories, put a smile on my face and made me appreciate my mom even more!

No comments: