Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer

 I admit, I think we over scheduled ourselves (the kids) this summer. 

When I think back on my glory days of summer, I cannot remember one single class/camp/program that my mom signed me up for (except for daily 7am swim team one summer! Thanks mom). I'm sure we did summer classes but all my summer memories involve swimming, playing restaurant with my sister and neighbor, riding our Cruiser bikes to the store, and staying up late. I feel like my kids don't get that same free spirited fun these days. I know that we live in a different time and letting them ride bikes to the store alone is unthinkable. So, I filled their June days with Vacation Bible School, Glee class, soccer camp and more. Between all that and my work schedule, it hasn't left one full day of nothing to do- and that makes me sad and anxious. When we have a day of nothing to do and I limit the tv watching, its amazing what fun these 3 can create! So, after our road trip to S. Dakota next week, I have cleared their calendars (no classes in July!) and we will finally have the fun I hoped for! Finally, we can visit the resort for swimming and water slide fun and use our passes to the museum! Note to self for 2013: the summer days fly by!  

Julia & Bella using their art set that Santa brought!


1 comment:

eloiza said...

Beautiful art girls!
Don't you remember going to the library once a week for movies or story time? You and Suzanne took some arts and crafts classes once also, but you are right: we did lots of swimming, twice a day!
Enjoy the rest of summer!